I started on Birth control when I was 14. I had terrible debilitating cramps and my PMS exacerbated my mental health issues tremendously. I ran through the whole gauntlet of birth control methods and even tried 2 or 3 of the different types of pills. March of 2015 was my last Shot and since then I have been birth control free. Let me tell you, Birth Control withdrawal is totally a thing:
- First period off the stuff (about 3 months after my last shot). Not that bad, now that I'm older those craps must have just been because I was young and not as tough as I am now, hell I barley even got crazy, this is going to be fine.
- Several months after that - HA! what was i thinking, this sucks. Gonna have to start buying the heavy duty tampons cause this shit is like whoa. Maybe pads are something I should think about. Oh my god cramps are the worst!! Have I always been such a phyco horn-dog??? Does everyone get this nauseous when they ovulate??
- Many months later - OK I got this, I got my Clue Tracker App, I got my Advil/extra protection emergency kit in my purse. I got this.
- Never mind, apparently my body likes spontaneity.
- WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME, WHY IS THIS SHIT CHUNKY?! Oh Hunny is cute when he wears those jeans.
- 1 year later - Less random bleeding. The wild horn-dog sexy daemon only happens when I ovulate and I still get nauseous around that time. The PMS is still pretty crazy, some months I get it and some months I don't. I was under the impression at this point that i would be my regular self at this point. Clearly not.
- A little over a year after my last shot - This is weird, I'm a couple days late and it only lasted 3 days. Maybe I'm pregnant. No.
- My boobs hurt so bad and I'm so tired. Maybe I'm pregnant. No.
- Apparently one's boobs can grow a whole cup size in one day. Didn't know that. Maybe I'm pregnant. No.
- That's not how my period normally looks. Maybe I'm pregnant. No.
It took about a year and a half, give or take a few months before I could honestly tell you my body has calmed down and been free of the withdrawal symptoms that accompany getting off the stuff. Now I have to figure out why I haven't pregnant yet.